Global multi-site program in Europe, USA and Asia.
The objective of this program was to improve laboratory efficiency and effectiveness through the utilization of lean tools and principles. It covered a range of GMP laboratory types including analytical chemistry, microbiology, environmental monitoring, incoming materials and in process control.
- Levelling strategies specific to the lab type
- Flow via defined sequences such as rhythm wheels and trains
- Standard work supported by role cards
- Short interval control and supporting visual management tools
- Targeted elimination of non-value adding activity
- Productivity improvements ranging from 15% to 46%
- Balanced, productive work days for all analysts
- Increased levels of cross training
- Continuous improvement culture and mind-set growing within the laboratories
- Consistent adherence to lead time targets