Before launching a full-scale Operational Excellence programme, a site should really have a clear view of:
- What kind of improvements are achievable.
- What process and organisational changes will be required to deliver those improvements.
- What resources will be required to design and implement those changes.
- How long it will take.
BSM’s Site Operational Excellence Scan delivers the answers to those questions.
The main steps in an Operational Excellence Scan are as follows:
- We ask the client to compile data for us and to prepare a schedule of interviews.
- Initial Scan: we analyse the data and interview the people
- Detailed Scan: we investigate the main apparent opportunities in detail.
- Management Workshop: we present the outputs to the Site Management Team. They are typically as follows:
a. Analytical outputs.
b. Concept Design for improved end-to-end processes.
c. Projected benefits.
d. Proposed plan for Detailed Design and Implementation.